- Pórtico – Engineering Consultants, Ldt. is a company dedicated to providing services in Consulting, Elaboration of Engineering and Architecture Projects, Inspection and Management of Works, Quality Management and Ventures of Construction and Safety Coordination, and other services regarding the Building Construction Management.
- Pórtico born of a project very dear for its associates – creating a company is their area of expertise, with their own mark.
- Founded in 18th June, 1990, regarding the project “Nest of Enterprises”, functioning in an office located in Rua das Flores, nº 69, OOporto. Has been a pioneer in the North of the country.
- Being characterized for its simple and functional structure, with the involvement of all the staff (on average 26 employees since 2001) and subcontractors, develops principles based on awareness, concerning the environment, prevention of risks and accidents at work, in the organization, and others, going to the implementation of a Quality Management System, based on the Norm NP EN 9001:2000 – “Quality Management Systems. Requirements” in July, 2003.
- Since 2004 Pórtico bets on the Certification of its Quality Management System based on the Norm NP EN ISO 9001:2000 through APCER and in qualification given by National Laboratory of Civil Engineering (LNEC) of “General Quality Manager in Ventures of Construction”, between other classifications.
- - In 2007, 2009 and 2011 Pórtico reinforces the bet in qualification given by the National Laboratory of Civil Engineering, increasing its category of Buildings and Monuments to 7, Thoroughfares and Urbanization Works for class 6 and in renovation in 2008 of the certification of its Quality Management System. Requirements” through APCER and begins the transition to the new normative referential, NP EN ISO 9001:2008, between other certifications, such as Comission of Market of Securities that has given to Pórtico the qualification of Appraisers of Real Estate of Investment Real Estate Funds.
- Pórtico has been reinforcing a culture of innovation as one of its organizational assets that allows the emergence of new ideas and its valorization, working in direction to a coherent and cohesive sustainability according to the present legal framework.
- The Company aims mainly the consolidation of economic profitability through the effort of all the departments and employees and a methodic and effective involvement, as well as the development of processes that demonstrate the ability of the company and high standards of quality in the provided services, so that we can provide a continuous improvement and evaluate the customer, employees, suppliers and subcontractors satisfaction. Other main goals are the timely response to the several needs of the Customer (in their diverse services), assuring the product conformity, decreasing of the management conflicts, assuring the continuity of the quality in the diversified processes.
- We continue to evolve and adapting to the market conjuncture. We do not give in to the crisis threat. We take over new business opportunities, such as the electronic hiring, the Energetic Certification of Buildings, elaboration of Emergency Plans, Acustic Certification, Audits to the Procedures of the Divisions of Works in Counties, Measures of Self-protection, etc.
- Pórtico, supports its strategy offering a global service of Engineering and Architecture by the suited combination of technical knowledge, methodologies and experience, assuring to its clients an optimized satisfaction of its needs and the benefits of the support of one of the biggest national Engineering companies.
- The managers-partners – Eng. Ana Esperanza Neves Pasion and Eng. Joaquim José Oliveira Ferreira –, founders of Pórtico, had been adopting in their corporate strategy the investment in education, innovation and development of organizational methods, oriented to an evolution and improvement that allow the satisfaction of all customer’s needs.
- Besides the presence in Portugal, Pórtico intends to be in other markets as a trustworthy partner in the development of sustainable projects in several areas of expertise.
- The method of compatibility with implementation of preventive measures aims to minimize and even eliminate existing mistakes and conflicts in the projects of the several areas of expertise.
Construction management is essential in this field, given the increasing complexity of construction. Thus, it is one of the key elements contributing to its global quality.
We have a vast experience in this field and control the means, costs and the final quality, as well as the necessary organization of the construction site in order to achieve excellence.
In the Building Market, the main aim is to maximize the profitability of the investment, since the “simplest question” to the most complex economic option, passing through the elucidation and technical assistance, with special incidence in alerting to the possible mistakes that may occur during the process. We still do a proposal analysis, valuations, evaluations, we analyze projects, give technical advices and we elaborate its economic and environmental impact studies, as described below.
In Management of Integrated Projects area, we develop several services, such as: Management and Coordination of Projects, Supervision and Coordination of Project, Planning and Cost Control, Revision of Project and Launching and Management of Contests, Procedural Processing, Evaluation of Proposals, Adjudication, Advisement in the elaboration of contracts and specifications.
The preparation, the launch of the contract work, the management of resources and the attendance of the implementation of correct and successful execution methods, based on a quality management compared to the aims of the customer, are a guarantee that the predicted reality would be felt in time, space and desired domain. Our technical staff assure us this reality.
Topography and Survey of Existing Buildings
Everyday designers, inspectors and builders are confronted with technical issues.
All the evolution in Building Construction and Public Works provides us with economic, faster and accurate solutions. Sometimes, the answer in on the ground we step.
The high level of competition oblige all entities involved in the process to minimize the costs and maximize the profits.
Man is helped by machines. So, all the rudimentary processes are slowly being abandoned, giving place to more effective and faster methods, preventing future issues and pointing to its elimination.
In this area, topography gives its contribution!
A specialized work which is developed in topographic surveying, flatness, areas calculation, and in strict implantations applied in several modalities, such as the building surveying.
Given the constant expanding market, Pórtico has suited academic training for this type of service, including certified appraisers of real estate investment funds.
The company already has a vast experience in this area and responds accurately to the increasingly complex and competitive real estate market.
Surveys (Release of Guarantees)/ Valuations
Building Construction area has suffered great impacts in its management during the last decade. The modifications occurred in Building Construction Sector are a consequence of a large waste with material, equipment and high rates of work accidents, reducing drastically the economy of the company and with the consequence of not attending to the demands of the customer regarding the price and, sometimes, the necessary quality.
Given the market demands, has been verified an improvement of the level of quality of Building Construction in Portugal, not only for the increasing knowledge shown by the clients, but also for the legal requirements, namely in terms of Energy Efficiency of buildings. The construction methods and respective processes are fundamental in the building analysis and for the confirmation of its quality.
Pórtico offers solutions in various fields of Engineering and Building Construction for a large number of markets around the world. Each field offers different products and services, but our team works together in different countries to provide the best solutions and services to our customers.
Thus, some of the major market segments in which we operate are related to thoroughfares, building construction and hydraulic infrastructures.
Our goal is to satisfy our customers.
Since a project is the identity of a building, we do all the attendance to it till its approval, having as a main concern the demotivation of illegal building and the construction of ventures with a deficient territory incorporation and promoting a sustainable building industry.
The value of our services is supported in the pursuit for technical excellence of solutions and in an integrated approach, with total commitment with the aims of our clients.
We motivate the fulfillment of the Legislation and Norms, regarding the Customer Requirements.
In this domain we act in areas such as:
- General Infrastructures in thoroughfares: wastewater drainage networks, rainwater drainage systems, electricity, gas and telecommunication networks;
- Building construction: structural calculation, water supply networks, wastewater drainage networks, electrical installations, infrastructures for telecommunications in buildings (ITED), thermal insulation, acoustic design, fire safety, intrusion, computer network, gas network, mechanical installations, exterior arrangement projects, safety and prevention plans.
To provide this service, Pórtico – Engineering Consultants, Ltd. presents its methodology and tasks.
Considering the accumulated experience in other services and the definition of Quality Management System (QMS), Pórtico – Engineering Consultants, Ltd. has established a set of tasks that, in some cases, are beyond the requirements of tender documents.
The health and safety coordinator is responsible for following the Decree-Law n. 273/03 of October 29 and the applicable legislation. Internally, this expert will comply with the Quality Management System implemented in Pórtico, including the SPR6.5 –Management of Health and Safety at Work, adapted to the reality of the construction and the customer requirements.
Building Construction gradually discovers itself as a market segment of high competition. Thus, the Works Inspection assumes shapes of primary importance since they provide a superior perfection and efficacy in the execution of works, having as a final result the Cost Control/Better Quality.
In this area we give an attentive assistance, creating a “bridge” in the salutary challenge that is the relationship work customer/contractor, since both move towards to the same final result – the work.